The Square Portrait Project
Portraits in Squres
I can’t believe its been seven months since I bought my first camera. I knew I wanted to try photography, but I didn’t expect that I would really be into it this much… Way too much. Now I’m broke. LOL!
To celebrate, I’ve decided to create a series of “instagram-ish” portraits of people I have had the pleasure of shooting since the day I started taking snaps from my Nikon.
These will be pictures of close friends, family members, colleagues, celebrities, artists, etc.,
See below details of how to win a date with Abby Poblador!
Lost my original posts in the FB Page because I had to remove it when I turned it to a group. But I did not lose all the messages there. So putting them in per picture.
People and messages in order of the pictures:
- Arianny Celeste.Word Trade Center, HIN Manila 2012. Model and Octagon girl for the UFC
- A bystander during one of my photowalks. China Town, Binondo. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.” – Corrie Ten Boom
- My two energetic nephews. Neptune’s Park. “I honestly think the beach is the only place children actually entertain themselves.” – Donna McLavy
- Ellen Adarna. DPP VI Anniversary. FHM Philippines’ #6 Sexiest Woman in the World 2012.
- Abby Poblador. Trans Sport Show 2012, SM Mega Mall. BOOM!
- “The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
- Xander Angeles. DPP VI Anniversary. The Great Xander Angeles during his X-Factor Lecture.
- Linda Jean Stevens of Premier Vixens. Trans Sport Show 2012.
- Jenise Marcelo. MIAS 2012. Asian Beauty for Playboy’s April 2012 Issue.
- Lorie Besitan. Santa, Ilocos Sur. Lori’s very-long-overdue Lara Croft picture. Sorry!
- Azimah Mahmud. Wira Hotel. My colleague, tour guide, driver, and good friend Azumah… I still can’t believe you were able to pull yourself out of work for us. Thank you again for touring us around! 🙂
- Jeri Lee. HIN 2012.
- The Bautista’s: Julie and Bonnie. Old Town White Coffee, Time Square. The dynamic couple! Miss you guys! Hope to see you again soon!
- Carl Casequin. Jaime Velasquez Park, Salcedo. The very talented Carl Casequin… Programmer. Musician. Photographer.
- A picture of a barber’s portrait. An unknown artist’s sketch given to me in Malaysia by my good friends Azimah and Suhaimi. A’famosa.
- Jinri Park. There’s a lot of things to be thankful for… and I’d like to thank one of the few people who have indirectly influenced me to take photography more seriously… Here’s one of them, Jinri Park, during the DPP VI Anniversary.
- Uzo Israel-Bolarinwa. A candid shot from a recently concluded workshop.
- Carol Navarro. A’famosa. Just came home from a trip to Malaysia… met with old friends, and learned a few things from new ones… Here’s Kerol showing me the Art of Levitation. LOL!
- Erwin Tolentino. Melville, NY. “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aristotle. My good friend and flatmate… Taken during a road trip to look for Twilight and Elm Street.
- Ronald Paguia. “If looks could kill…” Guys! Our manager is on leave! Let’s make him have this face again when he comes back on Monday! LOL!
- Harold Cruz. I know I should only posy pics that were taken with my Nikon… But I just couldn’t resist uploading one of the few older pictures that got me interested in portraiture… This good friend of mine posed as a smoker for me. He pursued his passion for theatre shortly after 🙂 Taken with a Samsung SGH-D900 / Circa April 2005
- My bro. Happy birthday to my favorite little brother! He turns 12 today 🙂
- Mike Medina. “Money Mike.”
- Nhowe Mahiwaga. “Mahiwaga.”
- Bernard Santiago. So I asked: “What pose do you want?,” he said: “Be sure to get the tatt.”
- Rally Ace Ralph. KYSS. A truly nice guy that pack crazy beats! The first of many for the Square Portrait Project :)”
- Children at play. Brooklyn Botanic Garden. “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero.
- A random musician. MIAS 2012. The whole problem can be stated quite simply by asking, “Is there a meaning to music?” My answe would be, “Yes.” and “Can you state in so many words what the meaning is?” My answe to that would be, “No.” – Aaron Copland.
- A random stranger at the beach. Anawangin Cove, Zambales. “A comfortable old age is the reward of a well spent youth. Instead of its bringing sad and melancholy prospects of decay, it would give us hopes of eternal youth in a better world.” – Maurice Chevalier
- Gwen Ceridwen. MIAS 2012. For thos who enjoy Gwen’s humor… here’s her pretending to be barred from the show 🙂
- The Naked Cowboy. Times Square. Yup. He’s naked.
- Washington, DC. “The traveller sess what he sees, the tourist see what he has come to see.” – Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Maggie Magno. The stunning Maggie Magno. An outtake from my shots in Parc Cruz’s Portraits Workshop.
- “Only a child sees things with perfect clarity, because it hasn’t developed all those filters which prevent us from seeing things that we don’t expect to see.” – Douglas Adams, “Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency”
- Hugh Jackman. Here’s Hugh Jackman giving the crowd some “Peace.” LOL!
- Shooting the shooter…
- Jazel Mercado. One of the few faces I would love to work with someday. MIAS 2012.
- Leslie Chong. To my New York tour guide, Happy birthday Chong! Kelan ka ba uwi dito sa Manila? Let’s have another GG8 reunion! 🙂 TC!
- On September 17, 2011, the “Occupy Wall Street” Protest which began using Zuccotti Park as a camp ground and staging area for their actions. Here’s a portrait of the Zuccotti Park protesters in memory of the movement they started exactly a year ago.
- Powie dela Fuente. This is Powie — err Paolo. Just remembered we can’t call him a child’s name because of all that man-hair on him now 🙂 Happy birthday old friend! See you soon either here or there!
- My dad. “I’ve had a hard life, but the hardships are nothing against the hardships that my father went through in order to get me to where I started.” – Bartrand Hubbard. To my ever-so-busy-mircomanaging-father, Happy birthday! 🙂
- Nessy Po. Happy birthday to one of my photography mentors! She turns 15 today :)) Far cry from her thesis and Vinta days… Donyang donya na yan ngayon. Pa-burger ka naman diyan, Nessy! :p
- JP Lopez. To my future Attorney! I hated debating with you in high school. But it’s good to see that you’ll be putting your reasoning into good use in the near future! Happy birthday bud! Send a beer my way! Cheers! 🙂
- Vic Bautista. Though this will be my first time in years not to attend, I wish you all the best in your 11th 23rd birthday! Pasalubong… bagong Nikon lens po! Salamat! 😀